- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter with fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add milk while stirring with a fork, until dough is soft, moist and pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Place dough lightly floured surface and toss with flour until no longer sticky.
- Roll dough out until 1/2 inch thick and cut with a floured biscuit or cookie cutter. Do not twist the cutter when you’re cutting out the biscuits. Twisting prevents them from rising.
- Press together unused dough and repeat rolling and cutting procedure.
- Place biscuits on ungreased baking sheet and bake in preheated oven at 450 degrees until golden brown, about 10 minutes.